Dear NEST Users & Developers!
I would like to invite you to our next fortnightly Open NEST Developer Video Conference,
Monday 11 October, 11.30-12.30 CEST (UTC+2).
Today we again have two possible topics for the in-depth discussion that you may be
* Plasticity models via NESTML, and
* NEST wheels (Python package mechanism).
As usual, in the Project team round, a contact person of each team will give a short
statement summarizing ongoing work in the team and cross-cutting points that need
discussion among the teams. The remainder of the meeting we would go into a more in-depth
discussion of topics that came up on the mailing list or that are suggested by the teams.
* Review of NEST User Mailing List
* Project team round
* In-depth discussion
The agenda for this meeting is also available online, see
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
We use a virtual conference room provided by DFN (Deutsches Forschungsnetz).
You can use the web client to connect. We however encourage everyone to use a headset for
better audio quality or even a proper video conferencing system (see below) or software
* Visit https://conf.dfn.de/webapp/conference/97938800
* Enter your name and allow your browser to use camera and microphone
* The conference does not need a PIN to join, just click join and you're in.
In case you see a dfnconf logo and the phrase "Auf den Meetingveranstalter
warten", just be patient, the meeting host needs to join first (a voice will tell
How to log in with a video conferencing system, depends on you VC system or software.
- Using the H.323 protocol (eg Polycom): vc.dfn.net##97938800 or 126.96.36.199##97938800
- Using the SIP protocol:email@example.com
- By telephone: +49-30-200-97938800
For those who do not have a video conference system or suitable
software, Polycom provides a pretty good free app for iOS and Android,
so you can join from your tablet (Polycom RealPresence Mobile, available
from AppStore/PlayStore). Note that firewalls may interfere with
videoconferencing in various and sometimes confusing ways.
For more technical information on logging in from various VC systems,