The NEST Initiative is a non-profit member-based organization incorporated in Ecublens, VD, Switzerland, on 4 October 2012. Any natural (i.e., you as an individual) or legal (e.g., your company or university) person sharing and supporting the goals of the NEST Initiative can become a member of the Initiative.
The long-term development of the Initiative is determined by its General Assembly, which comprises all members of the Initiative, although only active members have the right to vote in the assembly; active membership is based on continuous contributions to our joint software-development efforts. The General Assembly elects a board of directors to run the Initiative on a day-to-day basis.
Please see our Membership page if you would like to join the NEST Initiative.
The “life” of the NEST Initiative is regulated by its statutes. Since the Initiative is incorporated in Switzerland, the officially binding statutes are written in German as one of Switzerlands official languages. We also provide an English translation for information.
General assembly minutes
The meeting minutes of the first three General Assmblies of the NEST Initiative are in German. Future meeting minutes will be written in English.
- General Assembly 2016 Minutes
- General Assembly 2015 Minutes
- General Assembly 2014 Minutes
- General Assembly 2013 Minutes
- Founding General Assembly 2012 Minutes
The board of directors
The board of directors is elected by the General Assembly for a period of two years and consists of the President and between two and four further members. Until the General Assembly in 2016, the members of the board are
- Hans Ekkehard Plesser (President), Norwegian University of Life Sciences (NMBU)
- Marc-Oliver Gewaltig, Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne, Treasurer
- Abigail Morrison, Jülich Research Center
- Markus Diesmann, Jülich Research Center
The work of the board is regulated by the Statutes and by-law (Geschäftsordnung) for the board.