Dear NEST Users & Developers!
I would like to invite you to our next fortnightly Open NEST
Developer Video Conference, today
Monday 26 April, 11.30-12.30 CEST (UTC+2).
As usual, in the Project team round, a contact person of each team
will give a short statement summarizing ongoing work in the team and
cross-cutting points that need discussion among the teams. The
remainder of the meeting we would go into a more in-depth discussion
of topics that came up on the mailing list or that are suggested by
Today there will be an update and discussion about style guides for
documentation and code.
Review of NEST User Mailing List
Project team round
The agenda for this meeting is also available online, see
- NEST Documentation Style Guide (#1986)
- Single vs double quotes for Python strings? See also this
- Which well-established style guide to build on? See also this
Looking forward to seeing you soon!
We use a virtual conference room provided by DFN (Deutsches
You can use the web client to connect. We however encourage everyone
to use a headset for better audio quality or even a proper video
conferencing system (see below) or software when available.
* Visit https://conf.dfn.de/webapp/conference/97938800
* Enter your name and allow your browser to use camera and
* The conference does not need a PIN to join, just click join and
In case you see a dfnconf logo and the phrase "Auf den
Meetingveranstalter warten", just be patient, the meeting host needs
to join first (a voice will tell you).
How to log in with a video conferencing system, depends on you VC
system or software.
- Using the H.323 protocol (eg Polycom): vc.dfn.net##97938800 or
- Using the SIP protocol:email@example.com
- By telephone: +49-30-200-97938800
For those who do not have a video conference system or suitable
software, Polycom provides a pretty good free app for iOS and
so you can join from your tablet (Polycom RealPresence Mobile,
from AppStore/PlayStore). Note that firewalls may interfere with
videoconferencing in various and sometimes confusing ways.
For more technical information on logging in from various VC